Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Caramel or Carmel

So this little cutie interrupted our lunch one day last month. My husband and I were sitting outside at the picnic table eating our lunch and enjoying the shade when all of a sudden I heard what I thought was a cat meowing. So we sat there in silence for a minute to listen...........and sure enough we both heard it.

I got up to go investigate and followed the sound to the woods in our backyard. Here was this little guy looking so lost and alone meowing his little head off. So I tried to get him to come to me and he wouldn't, yet he would continue to meow like he wanted to be friends but was afraid to. I spent half an hour trying to win his confidence but not succeeding.

It got time to go pick my son up from work and he still was staying out of arms reach so I had to leave him and hope he would be okay till we came back home.

When we returned, to our surprise, he was in our driveway but ran away when we pulled in and it was after dark so we couldn't track him down. We prayed he was just visiting us and was on his way home. But he was so little and we worried about him all night. The next morning I found him on our patio and I was finally able to pick him up! Yay!!!!

So I put him in our cat carrier, fed him, gave him some water, and waited till we could carry him around the neighborhood and see if he was someones missing kitty....................He wasn't. But we already had 3 kitties and a doggy too. What were we going to do??????? He is so darn cute!

The solution came the next day when I stopped at my sisters house to pick something up. I just happened to have the above picture on my cell phone. And I just asked her if she wanted to see a picture of this little kitty we found in our yard. And since she and her husband had just lost their kitty they were still hurting from that and she said "No I better not". Cause she knew that she would probably want it but they had decided not to get anymore kitties for a while. So I said okay. But knowing my sister I knew she couldn't not look. So ten seconds later she said "Oh let me see". And that is all it took.......She had me show my brother-in-law and the rest is a happy ending.

Let me introduce you to Caramel! He is one very happy little boy who was alone and now has a happy new home.


And the best part is we get to visit him anytime we want to.  They named him Caramel because of his coloring. He is a very handsome yellow tiger. And as you can see he is full of spunk. Just look at those ears. He is ready to play all the time. And he even has a little doggie friend named Benji who loves him too.

Don't you just love happy endings?


Have a lovely day.



katherines corner
Sharing on Katherines Corner                 Thursdays Favorite Things



- SallyAnn Bruce

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the Favorite things blog hop. I was intrigued by your "twin" name. I have identical twin girls... but one died shortly after birth. You are blessed to have your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this happy ending!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop xo

    ReplyDelete

Contributors