Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Little Day Trip

My family and I took a little day trip on Sunday to go check out an indoor flea market that sounded like it would be fun. You never know what you will find at a flea market.......Unfortunately I didn't find anything that I couldn't live without. Oh well. But we continued our ride and after stopping for a bite to eat we headed for a park where we saw some frozen waterfalls.
It is hard to tell how tall these falls were in this picture. I took it with my little cell phone camera. But the next one
shows the stairs that go along the falls all the way up to the top. I am putting this park on our summertime hiking fun list for sure.
And we will have to remember to bring our bathing suits with us because this picture shows a circular stone steps leading into what is a swimming hole at the bottom of the falls. How fun and refreshing that will be after hiking the hills around the falls and in the park. Then eating a picnic lunch at one of the picnic tables we saw there. Oh, I can't wait!
And even though it was very cold we had smiles on our faces because we were having a good time together as a family. Even though my two sons didn't want to get in the pictures they were there enjoying themselves. We also stopped at a very nice shop that sold handmade wooden furniture and collectibles. Here are some shots I took inside.
As you can see the store was nicely decorated and very full of such lovely treasures.
Pottery
Ready for Easter
The back porch was chocked full of wonderful benches, stools, tables, cupboards, and signs. Beautiful wood pieces.
We just loved this table and bench.
And isn't this such a unique chess set.
And on our way out I spotted this trio. When I was a little girl we heated with wood stoves and we had one similar to this one. And I hope you can see that old cash register behind the chair. Well we had a wonderful time on our day trip today and I hope you enjoy looking at the photos I took. Thanks for visiting. Have an awesome day.

- SallyAnn Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors