Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Saturday, April 6, 2013

A Visit at Sapsucker Woods in Ithaca

I was spending some time watching the live cam of the great blue heron nest this morning and thought I would share some of the photos that I took while there. I love listening to all the birds that make the Sapsucker Woods in Ithaca their home. And when the camera operator is moving the camera around to spot the herons you can get some beautiful shots.

Here is what a sunset looked liked back in the beginning of Feb. Brrrrrrr, but look at that beautiful sky.

And here is a picture I took this morning. Isn't it so pretty with the blue of the sky and the deeper blue of the water. It says on the website that the temperature in Ithaca is only 22 degrees. Not very warm but still beautiful.

I am new at taking the pictures with my computer so I am sorry for the overlap in this picture. But look at the great blue heron and the pair of ducks in this shot. And I love the reflections that you can see in the calm water.

Well I hope you enjoy these photos. And if you would like to visit the website yourself here is the link
And you can also access the cameras for the Red Tailed Hawk nest from that link by clicking on the link that is near the top of the page under the red bar.

Have a fantabulous day.




- SallyAnn Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors