Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Good Old Days and Robin Eggs

My husband and I love the warm weather that comes with Spring and Summer. And one of the things we love to do in the warmer weather is have a fire in our outside make-shift fire pt to sit by in the evening. Here is a picture of last nights fire we sat by.

The wheelbarrow is full of wood my husband picks up in the trees behind our house. It's mostly pine and burns nicely outside.
And the chairs used to be white until I perked them up in our favorite colors with some spray paint for plastic surfaces. The green and white cushions on the chairs are yard sale finds that cost me .50 cents each.
Another thing we like to do while sitting by the fire is to read from one of our favorite magazines. Here is a picture of one that I was reading from last night.
 This one was given to us by a friend. Notice the date of this issue in the next picture.
                                                                              October 1979



Unfortunately we are going to have to move our fire pit from the back yard next to the back patio to the front yard because we had someone move in with kids on the way and we bother them when we are in our back yard.
 The Robins.  She is sitting on top of the pile of wood my husband put into the fire pit as if to say, "Excuse me, but you need to move this." You can see the patio is where I am standing taking the picture. And Mrs. Robin is waiting to get back into her nest which is just to the left of where I took this picture from.
And this is why we have to move our fire pit. I mentioned that there were babies on the way. Four of them to be exact.
So, before we can have another fire outside, we will be disassembling the fire pit and moving it to the front of the house to reassemble it. I will keep you up to date on the progress of the baby robins.
Till next time, Have a great day and God bless.
SallyAnn

- SallyAnn Bruce

2 comments:

  1. You certainly are good neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We have really gotten into this baby bird thing since we have been watching the live bird webcams from the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Have you checked them out yet? It is amazing to watch the Great Blue Heron babies grow up. If you have kids around they would love to see it I bet. Here is the link if you didn't see the post before. http://www.allaboutbirds.org/page.aspx?pid=2433
    Have a great day.
    SallyAnn

    ReplyDelete

Contributors