Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Autumn, Apples, and Pumpkins

littlebird8
Photo from Back Porch Musings


It is apple time here at our house. We only have 3 apple trees in our back yard but they are producing like crazy this year. What a blessing. But now I have to figure out what to do with this abundance. So I went looking on Pinterest for apple recipes and thought I would share them with all of you.

The first one I liked is from Hyancinth at Undercover Mother who shares her recipe for Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal. I love her little story about not wanting to get out of her cozy warm bed where her two little ones have joined her. I can remember those days.

I tried this one and it is extremely easy to put together even at 10:30 at night and you are so tired you can't keep your eyes open. I am so glad that I did take the time to do it because eating a delicious, hot breakfast the next morning without having to do anything but dish it up, made it worth the effort the night before. I would highly recommend you try this soon. It is perfect for these cooler mornings, and for sending the kids off to school with a warm start.

Baked Apple Pie Oatmeal
I also whipped up some homemade applesauce. I had a few pears that were getting past their prime so I peeled, sliced, and added them as well. No sugar. Added some water and let them cook till soft, stirring occasionally. Yummmmmm.


Then I found this recipe for Pumpkin Pb Raisin Ball  from Laura over at Mommy Run Fast that looked easy to do and that always catches my attention.  So I made a batch of them but flattened them out and turned them into cookies instead.






The top photo is of the cookies before they went into the oven and the bottom one is of them after they came out of the oven. You can see they don't change much. And I didn't put cocoa in them only because I didn't have any. They turned out good and not too sweet. I liked them very much.

I made some icing from 10x sugar, butter, vanilla, and almond milk for my husband to put on them because he wouldn't eat them otherwise. Not sweet enough for him. But my son, who doesn't like to eat much sugar, decided to top his with some of the homemade applesauce. Genius! So I tried that and man was that good too!

So I hope you try one or more of these recipes and enjoy them with your family. It would be great if you wanted to let me know how they turned out for you.

Have a great day, and Happy Autumn.




- SallyAnn Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors