Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Never Use Dryer Sheets Again.......DIY Dryer Balls

I have been using my own handmade dryer balls for a couple of years now and I never have a problem with static when removing my laundry from the dryer. And if I wish to have a scent added to the dryer I will use a few drops of my favorite essential oil scent onto one of the dryer balls before putting it into the dryer.

This goes hand in hand, for me anyway, with making your own laundry soap, which is very easy to do. And something I have noticed since using my own laundry soap is that if I leave the finished load in the washer overnight there is no (sour) smell on the laundry the next day like I used to get from the store bought laundry
soap I used to use.



wool dryer balls

If you are interested in learning how to make dryer balls for your own use click.here.



And if you would like to learn how easy it is to make your own laundry soap then click here.

I have used the dry powder form of handmade laundry soap before but I wasn't happy with the performance of it. The pieces of grated soap didn't always dissolve and came out of the washing machine on the wet clothes.

I am sharing this post at
 ‘Encourage One Another’ Wednesday Link-Up #83
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 85 
Friendship Friday at Create With Joy
 

Have a lovely day.

- SallyAnn Bruce

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've always assumed making my own detergent would be an enormous ordeal but am inspired to try it out.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Catherine,

    I am glad you were inspired to try making your own laundry soap. Let me know how it goes.

    And thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

Contributors