Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Homeopathy for the Flu Season

Hi There,

I just read  an article and thought it might be interesting to others about the flu season and homeopathy.
Now I don't know if any of you have ever heard of homeopathy or not but I have been learning more and more about it in the past 6 months and so far I am very impressed with what I have learned.

Homeopathic remedies work on the principle that "like cures like" and homeopathy has been around since the 1800's and we have a German physician by the name of Samuel Hahnemann to thank for it. "Hahnemann proposed that disease is a process that affects the patient as a whole and that medicines can be applied in small, non-toxic doses to treat the patient directly instead of just treating the disease." (from Homeopathy Beyond Flat Earth Medicine, by Timothy R. Dooley, N.D., M.D.)

Treating the person as a whole instead of treating the disease just makes sense to me. So I have used some of the homeopathic remedies on myself and my family and they have worked. Just recently my mom had foot surgery and  was prescribed a pain medication to take. We were able to give her an homeopathic remedy as well to take for the pain and also to help her heal at the same time. 

That is another wonderful thing about homeopathic remedies, you can take them with any prescription medication without a problem.

I recommend that you read as many books on the subject as you can and check out the website at the link above. It is a very interesting subject. Read about it and decide for yourself if it is something you would like to try.

I just want to make it clear that I am not recommending that anybody  stop taking their prescription medication. Only your doctor can make that decision.  I just like to get as much knowledge as I can about other options. So I read as much as I can about any new subject and ask questions of people who are professionals in that subject.
 **These are just my opinions.

Have a great day, and happy reading.
SallyAnn

- SallyAnn Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors