Being a woman doesn’t make me a different kind of Christian, but being a Christian makes me a different kind of woman.” ~ Elisabeth Elliot

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

John Deer

I crocheted this small blanket for my niece last year for her graduation. She has been a john deer fan for a very long time and I couldn't find any pattern for one so I kind of invented one for myself. I took graph paper, 9 sheets of it, and taped them together in a 3 x 3 order. Then I found a john deer logo on the internet that I printed off. I copied the logo onto the graph paper just by eyeing it, to enlarge it and used each little square from the graph paper to represent 1 crochet stitch. It was a little tricky to change colors in some areas but I was determined to finish it. I only had 10 days to complete it, because I always save things till the last minute, it's how I roll. I finished the blanket off with a couple of rows of border stitches. I used 1 row of single crochet, one row of double crochet, one row of triple crochet, and a final row of shell border in yellow. It was all worth the effort that it took when I saw my niece's face when she opened the gift.

- SallyAnn Bruce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors